Monday 24 October 2011

L- Leg Cramp

Some of the lucky pregnant people out there never get this - bully for you.

The rest of you - feel my pain; share my torture.

This is how it used to be...

Something wakes me in the night, it takes a few disorientated seconds to realise it is my muscle in my right calf twitching, threatening. "Don't move. Don't fucking move." I whisper inside my head.
"ARGGGHHHHH!" I Scream out loud. I moved.
"What? What is it?" My partner sits up, breathless, nervous, disorientated.
"My. Leg. Cramp. In My Sodding. Leg."  I grunt between high pitched screams.
He sits up, assumes the physio position he learnt at University. He rubs. I wince. He rubs. I groan. Eventually, it fades to a dull throbbing ache.
"Better?" he whispers
"Kinda" I mumble "Thank you"


That was the first pregnancy. Now...

Something wakes me in the night, it takes a few disorientated seconds to realise it is my muscle in my right calf twitching, threatening. "Don't move. Don't fucking move." I whisper inside my head. 

Usually, there is one sound asleep child in my bed, if not two. "DON'T wake the children"

I move. I silently scream in my head. I sweat. I panic. I pant like I'm in labour. I pull my leg into the air, wincing all the way. I rub my calf my self, struggling to reach over the bump, and I feel pain like no other.  Eventually, it fades to a dull throbbing ache.
"I hate you" I whisper to my leg.


Occasionally...

Something wakes me in the night, it takes a few disorientated seconds to realise it is my muscle in my right calf twitching, threatening. "Don't move. Don't fucking move." I whisper inside my head.

My partner is snoring next to me, our children are in there own beds. I clutch his chest hair "Crr-amp" I splutter.
"Rub it then" he mumbles and rolls over.

No comments:

Post a Comment